FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible bug in Colotrace with RED material.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jake blackstone
Possible bug in Colotrace with RED material.
on Apr 22, 2013 at 1:28:43 am

I trimmed R3Ds to a new folder, re-conformed the timeline from the new Bin. All shots got replaced with correct R3Ds, all nodes are there, dynamics too, but grades are now gone. I attempted to use the color trace from the good timeline, all grades are transferred, except the R3D metadata. Any ideas?
Resolve on Mac 9.1.3.

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
Re: Possible bug in Colotrace with RED material.
on Apr 23, 2013 at 4:21:22 pm

yeah the lack of .r3d metadata has killed me in the past before w/colortrace. What I've done is used the still store to copy and paste the old grades to the new project (which brings over .r3d settings when you do this), and then colortrace on top of that. The process is annoying and does take a bit but it will do what you want. It's best to use local grades for this process in the project you're copying too as well so you don't overwrite previous linked clips etc.

Chris Hall
Colorist - Basher Films
Pasadena, CA

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Apr 24, 2013 at 8:20:57 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I ended up doing.
I feel, that this is the same bug, that was affecting the inability to manipulate the metadata in remote grading. That bug had been fixed now in 9.1.3. I guess now there are still two bugs left, the color trace bug and an inability to un-do the metadata change.
I'd like to see all that fixed in V10, especially the un-do thingy...

Return to posts index

Bradley Stuckel
on Dec 12, 2013 at 12:07:12 am

I am dealing with the same problem at the moment and can't seem to find a solution. It has been a few months now since the last post... does anyone know of an automated work around to carry Meta Data through to the grade yet?

Cheers!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]