FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timeline, edit change, option to choose which timeline to reference grades from?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Timeline, edit change, option to choose which timeline to reference grades from?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 9:45:41 am

I have a graded project that is a little edit change in. I import the new timeline by xml. Before I have one master timeline and then the one im working on. When I import the new edit the grades references to the master timeline. How can i change this?

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Timeline, edit change, option to choose which timeline to reference grades from?
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:35:27 pm

[Joel Arvidsson] "When I import the new edit the grades references to the master timeline. How can i change this?"

Not sure I understand the question. One of the strengths of the Resolve grading solution is that each edited timeline is actually a version of the Master Timeline, and it gives rise to the mysterious reference "Copy Remote Grades"... because your edited timeline is a "remote" version of the Master Timeline. If you want to break the tie-in between one of the daughter sequences (the Master being the parent, although that does not translate in human terms) then you invoke the famous right-click instruction to change that relationship, or, on an individual clip basis, "create local".

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]