FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF ROUNDTRIP - export from DAVINCI and import or just relink to graded media in AVID?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
AAF ROUNDTRIP - export from DAVINCI and import or just relink to graded media in AVID?
on Apr 11, 2013 at 7:54:04 pm

There seem to be these two main methods....I've been exporting an AAF from DAVINCI and then importing into AVID and it often seems to work.....

Is it better to try to relink to the DAVINCI renders from a copy of the original ungraded sequence in AVID?

Which workflow do most people find better / easier / more reliable?

thx

AS

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: AAF ROUNDTRIP - export from DAVINCI and import or just relink to graded media in AVID?
on Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59:34 pm

Not sure what the advantage would be. All the AAF out of Resolve is, is a list to help Avid find the renders out of Resolve. Are you losing some information by going this route?

Glenn

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
Re: AAF ROUNDTRIP - export from DAVINCI and import or just relink to graded media in AVID?
on Apr 11, 2013 at 10:02:46 pm

Not sure the advantage of which method?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 11, 2013 at 10:08:10 pm

Not sure why you would try to relink an existing sequence, or copy of an existing sequence to a group of clips that should just come in when you import the AAF. Both would use the same media, but the aaf is already pointing to that media. The Relink step seems unnecessary to me.

Glenn

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Apr 11, 2013 at 10:13:58 pm

I am finding that about %20 of the time I get an error message when I come back to AVID and the sequence will not play and it is often difficult to identify what the issue is. Usually after 2 - 3 hours of back and forth I find one or two clips that AVID is having a problem with and mix those down and fix it all up.... this almost never happened with FCP 7 XML..... or if it did simply the problem clips would not work - it did not make the whole sequence fail to play.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:13:17 am

Sounds like you are rendering into a media flavor the DIVA frowns upon

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.1.1 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Apr 12, 2013 at 7:35:22 pm

Yes....highly exotic format - AVID DNXHD 1080i 59.94

S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]