FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dimond
Davinci Resolve
on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:00:31 am

Hi everybody just after some advice if possible.
I'm a fairly new resolve user and have been having some export problems with a current job.

I've been supplied pro res 4444 from red epicĀ and have graded with client on Sony broadcast monitor in 709. Client signed off and happy but on export from resolve back to 4444 I'm getting massive gamma and sat drifts. My problem is the client needs films for iPad and will only sign off in QuickTime!! I understand the problems that causes viewing on laptop or computer monitor but is there any work round?

Thanks PaulĀ 

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: Davinci Resolve
on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:17:35 am

How are you QC'ing your graded 4444 Quicktimes? Remember you graded to 709 which is yuv and you rendered out rgb quicktimes. You can't use QuickTime viewer as a reliable judge. Have you tried bringing in graded quicktimes back into Resolve and compare to stills? You can also try making proros HQ which are yuv.

Return to posts index

Paul Dimond
on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:34:18 am

Thanks for reply Chris just on my way into work to take a look. Out of intrest what workflow would you have used to tackle this job?

Thanks Paul

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Apr 3, 2013 at 11:26:11 am

This could also be the Quicktime gamma instability (there is a lot about this on the cow but no real solution other than don't use it.) - doesn't always happen so you could just render again and see...

M

maybe there is a better name for this thread than Da Vinci Resolve (they could all be named that)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]