FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve 9.1.3 now online

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Chamberlain
DaVinci Resolve 9.1.3 now online
on Apr 2, 2013 at 1:19:04 am

I'm pleased to report we have just posted DaVinci Resolve 9.1.3 on our support web site. It includes general performance and stability improvements and for Mac OS X users support for the new FCPX 10.0.8 XAVC Quicktime workflow.
Peter

Return to posts index

Nate Weaver
Re: DaVinci Resolve 9.1.3 now online
on Apr 2, 2013 at 3:18:39 am

You know, I almost didn't post anything about the XAVC .mov thing the other day because history shows the Resolve team is always a step ahead.

You guys are amazing.

Nate Weaver
Director/D.P., Los Angeles
http://www.nateweaver.net

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Apr 2, 2013 at 3:39:10 am

Great thanks for the info peter, looking forward to checking this out at some point!

Before I upgrade as I did to 9.1.1 from 9.0.4, it would be helpful if we could also have a list of what may have been addressed as opposed to just 'general performance and stability improvements'?

thank you

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
on Apr 2, 2013 at 4:09:47 am

This will be my first Davinci Resolve(lite) upversioning. What is the proper way to install the update?

Thanks!

Jordan Mena | Editor | Colorist | Producer
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJitHxgajDS3y4C0gZjH_ZJihqPLHB32p

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
on Apr 2, 2013 at 5:23:16 am

Is there a changelog?

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:48:02 am

Hi, we don't publish anything other than the read me. I suggest you make a back up of your database and export project files if you are part way through a project.

There is no database change with this upgrade so it should be quick... for Mac OS X just download and run. For windows, un-install your old version first. Note for Linux, there is a rocket driver change.

Peter

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
on Apr 2, 2013 at 10:05:58 am

I've noticed on my system that if you import FCPX xml it still can't automatically find the files, you need to point it at the "original Media" folder in your FCPX event, then it works.

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
on Apr 2, 2013 at 12:01:20 pm

Very nice!

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

stig olsen
on Apr 2, 2013 at 12:07:06 pm

Hi,

I cant find any information about the fixes in the read me file?

Stig

Return to posts index

Jamie LeJeune
on Apr 3, 2013 at 5:21:29 am

9.1 introduced a bug in Resolve's 480p Quicktime rendering that remains in 9.1.3

Prior to 9.1, you could render a 1080p timeline out to an anamorphic 480p Quicktime that was perfect for compressing MPEG2's for DVD. -- best software downscaling I've ever found and very useful for those times hardware downscaling isn't available. Since 9.1, the 480p Quicktime outputs now come out wrong -- They either have the wrong pixel aspect flag, or they are cropped, I haven't been able to figure out which. A few others have posted about this and received no response from Blackmagic Design.

Anyone at BMD know when this will be fixed?

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Apr 3, 2013 at 12:05:49 pm

Hi, Could you send us a single source frame, and an expected target clip to davincihelp (at) blackmagicdesign.com and we'll take a look.

We added support for the NTSC DV PAR, and I can think it might be related to that.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

andrew smith
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:06:07 am

Just noticing a possible bug. Can some other users try using the offline window in the conform tab to compare a quicktime to your xml timeline - i am finding it works but then goes away if i leave the conform page and come back.

The only way to get it to show back up in offline window and compare is if i restart Resolve. I saw this in a previous version once and it was fixed in the next update.

Just curious if its only my system/project.
Thank you

Return to posts index

MichaelMaier
on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:46:05 pm

I will give this a try. Hopefully it will install without crashing my system like the previous update did and made me go back to 9.0.4.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]