FORUMS: list search recent posts

easyDCP Creator RGB video color transformation

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Camille De Meyer
easyDCP Creator RGB video color transformation
on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:31:42 pm

Hello,

I would like to know what option has to be enabled in EasyDCP Creator when putting a video graded in Full range and exported in Full range.

Do we have to choose the "bypassed" option or the "itu 709 transformation" (which is automaticaly enabled) ?

I'm not sure I understand the way it works with RGB file.

Thanks a lot !!

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: easyDCP Creator RGB video color transformation
on Mar 29, 2013 at 10:04:43 pm

The bypass fuction will bypass the colorspace transform from RGB to XYZ, which you probably don't want. Just give it a full range RGB file graded in rec709 and leave the default settings on.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Camille Mye
on Apr 2, 2013 at 11:33:39 am

Ok, thank you for your quick answer !

Return to posts index

Douglas Villalba
on Apr 7, 2013 at 2:15:54 am

I am new to Resolve, but I believe I read somewhere that you don't do Rec 709 for DCP.

Douglas Villalba

http://www.advertising-villa.com

info@dvtvproductions.com

Return to posts index

Camille Mye
on Apr 16, 2013 at 3:42:49 pm

Yes the aim in a final DCP is to have a XYZ color space. But in the software EasyDCPcreator, the default setting is the "ITU 709 transformation"...
There is not much options.

For example (I'm wondering), I'm making some tests : when we want to create a DCP with a file already in the XYZ color space, which option shall we use ?
Logically I use the "Bypass" function, but when I playback the encoded DCP on the EasyDCP Player (with the option "xyz to rgb" to watch it in a computer screen to have and idea of the final look), it's kind of green... I have tested all the option for this file and this is the render that looks best, but still not completly OK.
Could that just be because of the xyz to rgb color transformation for a playback on a computer screen ?

thank you !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]