FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Incorrectly Reading A SOurce File Resolution - A Way To Force Change This Attribute?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Martin
Resolve Incorrectly Reading A SOurce File Resolution - A Way To Force Change This Attribute?
on Mar 26, 2013 at 6:59:09 pm

I have some material that is 3840x2160 but Resolve is mistakingly reading it as 3860x2178. Is there a way to force change how reads the source resolution a la clip attributes?

My workaround is setting timeline to 3840x2160 and setting scaling to Full Frame With Crop but odd that Resolve is reading the wrong resolution.

Cheers, Chris

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Resolve Incorrectly Reading A SOurce File Resolution - A Way To Force Change This Attribute?
on Mar 26, 2013 at 9:07:14 pm

C500 raw by chance?

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: Resolve Incorrectly Reading A SOurce File Resolution - A Way To Force Change This Attribute?
on Mar 26, 2013 at 11:16:21 pm

Yes indeed! Hopefully BM is on top of this...

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Mar 26, 2013 at 11:55:51 pm

I think codex might be the ones who need to fix.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Mar 27, 2013 at 5:29:18 am

It does read 3840x2160 in canon raw utility. If this is on Codex wonder what's going on. There's also weird things going on in random frames where the bottom 10 pixels have the previous frame recorded....

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Mar 27, 2013 at 5:38:54 pm

haven't seen C500 RAW in practice.
How did you like it Juan?

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Mar 28, 2013 at 3:02:19 pm

Initial thoughts based on this one production...

1. The Good - very good at pulling HSL keys from the Canon Raw because it is uncompressed. Picture was resolved nice and sharp while still maintaining a cinematic feel, something RED does not always get without a good DP.

2. The Not So Good - the latitude in the highlights does not stretch like the Alexa. To that end it is much more like working with RED material. Nothing seems to be able to roll off the hilights quite like Arri I guess. I was happy with the range I had everywhere else.

One other operational note was that if working with a modest Resolve system you cannot lower your de-bayer setting a la R3D's for color grading. It's more like working with DPX frames only without the ability to make proxies. I wound up conforming the Canon Raw 4K in Resolve and then exporting HD DPX frames that I then re-conformed in another session to color grade to get batter playback. When done I opened the Canon Raw conform session and used gallery to paste the grade from HD DPX session to. This was fine for a 2 minute piece but not so fine if it was longer...

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]