FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED decode issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
michael stirling
RED decode issues
on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:32:55 pm

I'm getting the message - Error occurred while trying to decode frame from clip...... using Digital Powerhouse at 'localhost:10001' and black frames all through my render.

The project: 6 minute music video on RED 4k that I'm trying to render to 1080p at half prem debayer

My system: mac pro 4,1 quad2.26 14gb ram, gtx 285. Resolve 9.1.1 in ML 10.8.2

In resolve 8 I always graded RED at 1/4 and rendered at full with no issues even on much bigger projects - why is 9 incapable of doing the same?

I've searched the forum and have seen that this is an issue people have had before but I'm still not clear on a solution short of hardware update, redoing the grade in resolve 8.1 or rendering at quarter res - none of which is really acceptable right now.

Thanks
Michael

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
Re: RED decode issues
on Mar 25, 2013 at 10:43:38 pm

Hey Man,

Have you tried limiting the render speed? That might help as far as I can remember. I've not had the same problem but I do have a Red Rocket card that might be making the difference

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

michael stirling
on Mar 26, 2013 at 11:58:43 am

After more testing problem still happened at 1/16 debayer and 1fps rendering.

It was an issue with the RED files I copied onto my RAID being corrupted which exhibited the same symptoms as the problems others have had but not actually the same malaise. Working from the clients drive now over FW800 and things appear to be fine.

Thanx
M

ps. how does one do a solved tick or is that a moderator thing?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Mar 26, 2013 at 12:24:56 am

Might need to upgrade your red rocket driver and firmware.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]