FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using a 7.7in Small HD OLED HDMI/SDI Monitor to externally monitor/ Color Correct on the Road

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Turner
Using a 7.7in Small HD OLED HDMI/SDI Monitor to externally monitor/ Color Correct on the Road
on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:41:59 pm

Hi!

I was hoping someone can weigh in on using a small OLED monitor to color correct on the fly with Davinci Resolve.

Right now I have the Small HD AC7 OLED HDMI/SDI 7.7in monitor. It is used for monitoring while shooting. I may upgrade to their new DP7 monitor when it comes out. I was told that the monitor is calibrated to Rec 709 by SmallHD.

Has anyone tried to Color Correct on the fly using one of these small monitors? I was wondering about this for times when I am on the road and don't have a Panasonic 17in, etc around to color off of.

Would you do some additional calibration on this monitor (and how would you go about it)?

Is this a possible solution for lightweight on location grading?

Thanks!

- DT

Return to posts index

Jordan Mena
Re: Using a 7.7in Small HD OLED HDMI/SDI Monitor to externally monitor/ Color Correct on the Road
on Mar 25, 2013 at 4:58:16 pm

It depends on your onsite needs. The monitor your looking at isn't a true 1920x1080 monitor so you wont be getting a correct pixel per pixel reference. Are you doing final color grading? If you are then this probably isn't the solution for you. If you are just ingesting into Resolve for Dailies and just need to balance to send to your editors and producers etc. than you can use the scopes within Resolve to CC your clips with this monitor and it should be ok.

J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]