FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Monitoring solution for Macbook Pro

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Leutnecker
Resolve Monitoring solution for Macbook Pro
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:57:55 pm

Hey! I'm pretty new to color grading and started using DaVinci lite. I'm looking to buy a good LCD computer monitor calibrate it to TU-R Rec.BT.709 with e.g. x-rite 1 and use it for monitoring. If you can suggest any monitor in particular, point out what would be advisable to look for when making a decision or tell me if there's any problem with the setup I'm planning to build, i'd be very grateful. But here comes the real problem (I think):
I have been doing some research trying to find a solution to output a decent monitoring signal using my Macbook Pro. Since it's a mid 2010 edition it does not come with Tunderbolt - so it seems to me that all those nice BlackMagic solutions like UltraStudio will not work for me... Do you know if there is any other way to output a preview signal without buying a new Mac? I know that working Resolve on a macbook is not the ideal setup, but it's enough for me - realtime playback is not one of my primary concerns right now - but being able to look at the images with some sort of color accuracy is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]