FORUMS: list search recent posts

XML import is not reading Timecode

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
XML import is not reading Timecode
on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:33:36 pm

Hello,

Working from FCP 7 XML Version 5, importing to Resolve 9.0.4...

There is a conflict with timecode timeline clips, wherein if I have one clip in my sequence that's used multiple times, the in and out points of the timecode are not being read properly. So while the first time the clip is being used is correct, every time proceeding that is off.

Is there a conflict with versions here? Why isn't Resolve just reading the timecode of the clip itself as it lays on the timeline?

EDIT: These were from MULTICAM edits, but I committed the multicam. Is it still reading the timcode from another clip even though I committed?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: XML import is not reading Timecode
on Mar 15, 2013 at 8:33:25 pm

Multicams were something that Apple never really figured out even when they were in control of both FCP and COLOR. Essentially it behaves similarly to an imbedded sequence, which are verboten. Even when you "commit" a Multicam, its still a multicam-- if you can still "open" it, that means there are going to be ambiguous source references in the XML.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:01:31 pm

That's pretty poor... and kind of hillarious. Did they fix it in recent FCP versions? Do you know if that's a problem with Adobe's Premier?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:12:12 pm

after committing the multi cam edits, you could media manage "using existing" and make sure the "multi-cam" check box at the bottom is unchecked(?), pretty sure... that should strip out the multicam-ness...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]