FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF round trip and Media Composer / Symphony compatibility

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
AAF round trip and Media Composer / Symphony compatibility
on Mar 14, 2013 at 11:09:27 pm

Hi All,

Don't seem to be many people with my particular workflow issues here as I'm not getting many answers but here goes another one....

At my work facility the editors all work on Avid Symphony. I am setting up a new home grading suite where I will sometimes grade. We do the AAF round trip. Question - if I am provided with an AVID bin with the sequences I need to grade that was created in Symphony 6.5, will I be fine to open up that bin with Media Composer 6.5, export AAF, grade, then export the DaVinci project, render on another station, export AAF and re-import that AAF into an AVID Symphony 6.5?

In other words do I need to purchase a Symphony license just for this compatibility or will Media Composer work fine for this purpose?

thx
AS

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: AAF round trip and Media Composer / Symphony compatibility
on Mar 15, 2013 at 12:13:45 am

[andrew sableton] "In other words do I need to purchase a Symphony license just for this compatibility or will Media Composer work fine for this purpose?"

No, you don't need to buy a Symphony license. I swap projects, render DNx and ftp the round-trip AAF+media (not all the time) but often enough and it isn't an issue. Symphony here at this end and Media Composer at that end and no one can tell the difference.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]