FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve and XML - big issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Ballanger
Resolve and XML - big issues
on Mar 13, 2013 at 6:44:40 pm

Hi guys, so I have an issue with exporting XML for a feature film from Premiere and getting it into Resolve - I am aware of the round trip issues getting it back into Premiere from there, however I have decided to simply export the XML and clips, and just reapply effects after.

The problem is that, whenever I attempt to load this XML in conform, 90% of the clips are black - won't play, nothing.

I have tried to simply load the 117 GB file into Resolve, however it will not recognize it as media, despite it being an Apple ProRes 422.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Dave Williams
Re: Resolve and XML - big issues
on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:18:31 pm

I had the same issue and still do on rare occasion now. Went to 9.1.1 and that seemed to help but usually the problem was that the codec had become corrupt and a simple restart of the program fixed it and sometimes a reboot of the whole system fixed it. My clips would go black while watching the time line one at a time till they were almost all black.
Hope that helps. You might also want to check the extensions in the media pool and see if there is a clip that might be corrupting the system. I have on a rare occasion seen Resolve try to bring in a clip that it shouldn't.

Return to posts index

Jean-Baptiste Perrin
Re: solve and XML - big issues
on Mar 15, 2013 at 7:46:08 am

Hi,
I hard th├Ęse type of issues, with finalcut, some clips didn't have their file extension, you can check that

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]