FORUMS: list search recent posts

DXP to Proxies for Editing then back to Resolve for Colour!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Arvanitis
DXP to Proxies for Editing then back to Resolve for Colour!
on Mar 10, 2013 at 11:40:59 am

Hi, i am shooting a short Movie with an F3 camera with a Gemini 444 that i rented, that makes DPX files for my clips, then i want to create proxies in Resolve so the movie can be edited and then back to Resolve for Colouring.

How can i create proxies in Resolve (what settings?) so i can have my .mov files to edit and then import my edited movie back to Resolve to do colour grading on my original DPX files (will they link back?)

By the way all my clips on the Gemini 444 have been set so they have Clip Names, Roll Names and all the metadata needed so ill have less problem when it comes to conforming!

PS: i am not using any Final Cut or Avid plug in for DPX, i have no money to buy them.

Thnx for the help!

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
Re: DXP to Proxies for Editing then back to Resolve for Colour!
on Mar 11, 2013 at 4:53:10 am

You can use Resolve to transcode dpx frames to any number of formats, most likely QuickTime flavor such as prores HQ for final but or a flavor of mxf for Avid.

Just make sure you preserve all clip meta data that matches your source dpx frames. Then you can use an edl, aaf, or XML from you NLE to conform from dpx.

Or you can just use adobe premiere and cut with your dpx frames and not worry about transcoding.

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:12:40 am

I'd recomend doing a test with 10 clips. Do a rough simple edit and make sure that it works.

Then you will know 100% that all will be ok.

I always think its strange when people dive head first into a job and dont just do a quick workflow test before the edit.

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

Gregory Arvanitis
on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:16:27 am

Thats all there was left for rent, so i got this and i didn't have the time to prepare for the post stuff only for the camera, and i guess thats is what creative cow is all about, ask some questions, thaks for the help anyways!

I will try today! :D

Return to posts index

Dan Moran
on Mar 11, 2013 at 12:01:59 pm

Sorry what I meant was now that you have your DPX files why not do a text transcode and edit with 5 or 10 files. That way you can make sure all the right settings have been used before you do the whole edit and end up with something that may not work

--

Dan Moran
Colourist
Smoke & Mirrors: London
http://www.danmorancolor.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]