FORUMS: list search recent posts

Re: Do you conform inside Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike Most
Re: Do you conform inside Resolve?
on Mar 8, 2013 at 4:35:06 am

Well, I can see you completely missed my point, in part because you seem to be a bit unaware of what competing products offer, and also the notion that different artists choose different toolsets because they see things they like in them. I would point out that in many facilities and for many colorists a seat of Resolve isn't $1000. It's more like $40,000, because the DaVinci panels ($30K), more GPUs, scopes, and a professional monitoring setup are what they need to do their job with enough precision and efficiency to move more work through their facility and thus generate some profit, as well as meet the client's expectations when they walk into the room.

My point was not to say one should buy Baselight, although in many cases, the combination of color management, flexible user configuration, availability of separate render nodes, scalability, colorist preference, and other things might make it the right choice. The same can easily be said for Nucoda Film Master, Lustre, and even Scratch and Mistika. If that weren't the case, these products wouldn't exist and nobody would use them. The entire point of my post is that price alone is not always the sole determining factor in these things. The comfort of the artists, the expectations and preferences of the clients, and some very specific capabilities are all part of the equation. And in the end, it's about what can make a company money. The cost of the equipment is only relevant in relation to the revenues it can help generate. Thus the term "affordable" does not necessarily mean "ultra cheap." THAT was my point.

Posts IndexRead Thread 

Current Message Thread:

© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]