FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve database user went missing!?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Hillyard
Resolve database user went missing!?
on Mar 6, 2013 at 12:08:26 am

I need help with troublesome Davinci Resolve database issues. I launched Davinci 9.1 today after 12 hrs of good work yesterday and the User and project is missing from my database! I previously had problems with this project on remote sql database when everytime I would try to save my work, Davinci crashed and disappeared. So I exported that project to a .drp davinci project backup then created a new local disk database to the system hard drive and was able to reimport the backup project file and continue working on the project with no problems, very stable. Today however it seems that project is lost because the local disk database has lost my user and project. Can anyone help me figure out how to get this back? nothing has changed since yesterday.

Return to posts index

Nick Hillyard
Re: Resolve database user went missing!?
on Mar 6, 2013 at 12:21:37 am

I should add that I see the project and user resolve database files on the harddrive that are .xml format but davinci still shows a blank user log in menu. Could this be some kind of corruption or permissions issue?

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Mar 6, 2013 at 12:45:10 am

Hi Nick, could you offer some system detail? OS, Hardware, exact Resolve version (from about) and is your disk database on the Resolve machine?
Peter

Return to posts index

Nick Hillyard
on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:15:03 am

Mac Pro quad OSX 10.8.2 Davinci Resolve v9.1.1.013 Geforce GTX 580 and Quadro 4000. I have never seen this particular problem in the 2 years I have been "Resolving". For now I am backing up my project every time I walk away.

Return to posts index

Nick Hillyard
Re: Resolve database user went missing!? SOLUTION
on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:52:42 am

I solved my problem. It was a system specific Davinci install issue. Maybe a bad 9.1.1 upgrade. I got my database back by copying the local disk database files to another Davinci machine where I was easily able to reconnect the database, find my user and project. I think I will still backup my project daily incase this happens again. Weird

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Mar 6, 2013 at 5:28:23 am

Glad you are working again.
I think of project databases like my itunes music.. sure I can rip them all again if lost.. but a simple daily backup saves all that hassle.
Peter

Return to posts index

Jet Black
on Dec 10, 2013 at 7:21:53 am

Ok so I dont have a another davinci machine to copy my lost user and database. I dont know waht version of resolve 9 is running because I dont dare to start fresh and loose the 2 the local LA job and the Australian Job I am working on these files are too important. Restarted DAvinci Resolve and user was gone and I dont dare start fresh unless someone can tell me where all my session and stills are they can't evaporate off the computer can they? 17 macbook pro 2.5ghz. core i7 16gb ram. 750 gb hybrid drive. AMD Radeon HD

Return to posts index

Taylre Jones
on Feb 8, 2014 at 9:04:11 pm

Same issue. I too do not have any other machine to load all this work onto. This is a MAJOR issue. I'm in DaVinci 10.1. Re-Install of DaVinci doesn't do the trick.

Taylre Jones

GRADE
Colorist/Editor

Return to posts index

John Elridge
on Jun 11, 2014 at 9:11:08 pm

Does this mean that you are using another computer with resolve on it? I'm having the same issue (on v10.1), but probably for different reasons. The end result is the same. It's kinda frustrating cause i realize the only way to fix this is start again on a new comp, but I dont have access to one.

Return to posts index

Brandon Vanderford
on Mar 22, 2014 at 3:52:49 am

Had the same problem. Clicked "create new account" button from the start screen, typed in "admin" as the new account name (same as old account name) which was the only other account I had created, and it loaded with all of my old projects like nothing ever happened. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Zel Nonnenberg
on Jun 7, 2014 at 9:00:03 pm

Im having the same problem without an clear reason of why this happened, I already reinstalled Davinci, erased postgre SQL and all the tricks I've seen in the posts to solve this and nothing resolved...

Cant reach the users list or create a new user.

Please someone...

Return to posts index

John Elridge
on Jun 11, 2014 at 7:22:58 pm

I have been having the same issue and I'm under deadline. If someone could please write out the steps to fix it would be a lifesaver.

MACHINE
OSX v10.93
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

PROGRAM
Davinci Resolve 10.1

Same issues as mentioned above. Re-installing does not help. In fact, I can't create a new user at all. When I 'create' the new user, nothing happens. And somehow the database was disconnected, my user status lost. I have all the footage, I just need to access the program again (RT from FCPx) so I can begin color correction and connect to raw footage for export.

Return to posts index

Matt Alexander
on Apr 23, 2015 at 3:02:16 am

Did you ever find your project? I just lost one and can not for the life of me figure out what happened.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]