FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Someone List Avid MC6.5 Round Trip Details?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Thibault
Can Someone List Avid MC6.5 Round Trip Details?
on Mar 5, 2013 at 6:20:07 pm

Boy, I'm banging my head against a wall trying to round trip a feature into Resolve Lite v9 for scene detection and back into Media Composer 6.5 (and have it stay in sync!).

First off, I can't seem to get a valid AAF out of MC6.5 that Resolve will recognize. I have to output a Quicktime Reference instead. Once imported I can run scene detection, but no matter what I output--AAF,EDL,XML--I find that ONLY the AAF is recognized and it is in the wrong frame rate and out of sync. Oh, and the clips WILL NOT relink. I have already verified the frame rate of 23.98 is valid in both programs and the Quicktime.

All of this is frustrating because I've been using Resolve Lite in FCP for more than a year for scene detection and never have an issue with XMLs or importing ProRES media.

Anyway...

Has somebody done this successfully? And can you scribble out a checklist of how to go about it and bring it back in successfully? Keep in mind that I am NOT color correcting, only using scene detector to make cuts in the video track. I'd really, REALLY appreciate it. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------
My Stats:
FCS3 & MC6.5 on a MacBook Pro 2.66 Ghz, Core i7 with 8GB of RAM, on OS X 10.8.2

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: Can Someone List Avid MC6.5 Round Trip Details?
on Mar 6, 2013 at 12:46:24 am

Hi Michael, there is a chapter in the user guide on AAF operation. I would start there.
Peter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]