FORUMS: list search recent posts

Phantom conform issues

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew smith
Phantom conform issues
on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:27:35 pm

I am trying to conform an xml that was made in fcp7 - the editor cut it in a 1080p29.97 sequence but the transcoded ProRes 1080 Phantom footage he was using was actually 23.98.

Many of the shots have constant speed changes to add to the 'fun' BUT basically I opened up his fcp project and reconnected each of the shots to the 2k (2560x1600) ProRes444 Phantom 'originals' to actually grade with and of course using a reference quicktime from his sequence I matched by eye each shot because of course when reconnecting some of the shots slip/slide a few frames - this sequence I now have is 2k 29.97 and of course when i try sending that to Resolve everything is off by more than just a couple frames in resolve when comparing back to the offline reference.

I want to know how best to approach this workflow - should i copy all the shots into a new 2k 23.98 sequence and move every shot to match the reference and THEN send it to Resolve? I am looking for the least amount of conform pain as i have to also match the framing he did in his sequence. I am meant to render out at 1080 but i believe the delivery is actually 29.97 so the editor or AE artist plan to take my renders and do that on there end.

I know its a bit of a mess but I just walked in today and this edit has been going on for a couple weeks so it was out of my hands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Andrew

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]