FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export with handles? Am i doing something wrong?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Goodman
Export with handles? Am i doing something wrong?
on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:58:35 pm

So i just completed and Avid round trip from davinci. everything worked as expected, even better than i expected (complicated 10 minute long thing with 10 tracks of comps etc.)

my only issue is with the handles. Am i right, thast these handles dont get color corrected as well? When i use a transition i can see the color change happen during the transition. Thats not supposed to happen right?

Is there a way for the handles to be color corrected too, while working off an aaf that eventually needs to be brought back into avid?

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Export with handles? Am i doing something wrong?
on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:23:46 pm

Are the transitions on the DaVinci timeline? it should render through the transition extents.

If they are not, then DaVinci won't consider the "outside" selection part of what you need. In fact, you should create a "handles" timeline, so that you don't get spurious keyframes inserted into the overall source clips.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Neil Goodman
on Feb 26, 2013 at 11:52:18 pm

[Joseph Owens] "Are the transitions on the DaVinci timeline? it should render through the transition extents.

If they are not, then DaVinci won't consider the "outside" selection part of what you need. In fact, you should "

ok. i usually wait to add transitions till after i color correct. but i guess its beneficial to do whats planned so davinci does the color.

when you say make a "handle" timeline, how are you going about doing that. Manually adding the handles to each clip? would i have to resync everything? does every clip get its own track, i dont get it ?

Neil Goodman: Editor of New Media Production - NBC/Universal

Return to posts index

Chris Martin
on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:24:28 am

1. Right click on timeline in conform and select create timeline with handles

2. Define head and tail handles

3.extend tracks and key frames through handles

4. Use this timeline to export

This is only way to export with handles without having tracks and key frames pop on and off

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]