FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable To Conform To Original 4K Media From XML

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ned Soltz
Unable To Conform To Original 4K Media From XML
on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:13:18 am

I've posted this issue on BMD's forum with no response so hopefully someone here can point me toward a solution.

I have 5 4K clips from Sony F55+AXS-5 Raw recorder which I've imported into Resolve 9.1.1 without problem. My goal is to export ProRes HD for editing in PPro CS6 or FCP 7, export XML and import that XML into Resolve Relinking to the original 4K media.

In Resolve, I export the timeline as individual clips from the Deliver page without changing file names. Make a few edits and then export XML (the same thing occurs whether from FCP 7 or PPro CS6 so the NLE doesn't seem relevant to the problem).

Return to Resolve and import the XML on the Conform page. If I specify import media, it brings in my NLE timeline in 1920x1080 just as I edited. But I want to relink to the 4K. If I import the XML specifying not to import files, then I get a timeline in Resolve properly named but it consists of 5 identical clips.

Can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong since I believe I have everything configured properly.

Thanks

Ned Soltz

Return to posts index

Ned Soltz
Re: Unable To Conform To Original 4K Media From XML
on Feb 26, 2013 at 4:24:03 am

Thanks to another careful look at my camera clips and the suggestion of Oliver, discovered that the original F55 clips all began with a timecode of 00:00:00... meaning, of course, overlapping timecode. Just changed the timecode on my 4K clips, went through the whole process again, and now everything links perfectly.

So this either has to do with how the F55 wrote timecode to the AXS drive, how Resolve interpreted the F55 raw footage or more likely because the Sony 4K recorder was an early pre-release firmware and had a timecode issue. I am leaning toward the latter.

Ned Soltz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]