FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere to Davinci, clip cant be linked to the media file timecode extents do not match

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliot Pollaro
Premiere to Davinci, clip cant be linked to the media file timecode extents do not match
on Feb 21, 2013 at 9:10:35 pm

Hi, I have been having a issue where I am going from Premiere to Davinci via XML. When I import, my RED footage isn't connected in the timeline and it says "clip cant be linked to the media file timecode extents do not match" I cant seem to get them to connect properly. I went in and just imported 2 RED clips into my premiere timeline with no speed changes etc. and then exported a xml and sent it to davinci with the same results. I have my timecode in davinci set to 29.97. I even turned on the assist option in locating the clips on import. I either need to find a way to reconnect the clips in davinci or figure out what im doing wrong. I went to Final Cut X and dropped in two of the clips I used in my premiere project with a cross dissolve and the XML imported fine. So its definitely something with Premiere Pros XML.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: Premiere to Davinci, clip cant be linked to the media file timecode extents do not match
on Feb 23, 2013 at 7:51:34 am

yes it is!

have you looked in premieres media pool that you have tape name ?

it should be the file name you have in the front but without extension.

it depends on your workflow lets say you used proxy or for some reason and do not have
reel names in media pool then it will also not work.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
Re: Premiere to Davinci, clip cant be linked to the media file timecode extents do not match
on Feb 28, 2013 at 6:30:10 pm

Try using Export AAF from Premiere. That is working much better for us.

Jef

Return to posts index

Liam Ward
on Mar 21, 2013 at 5:01:26 pm

Are you enabling or disabling 'export as legacy aaf'?

Liam Ward
Sinking Ship Entertainment

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]