FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 5D to Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammad Tavakoli
Canon 5D to Resolve
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:09:55 pm

Hey everyone!

I've just been attached to a project that was shot on Canon 5D and 7D. The editor had transcoded the footage to DNxHD to edit on Avid.

Is it possible for me to link the sequence back up to the H.264 camera files in resolve for grading? Does Resolve support H.264?

If so, how do I go about doing that? Do I just bring the files in the media pool and import the aaf file from Avid?

I appreciate the help!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Canon 5D to Resolve
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:16:31 pm

[Mohammad Tavakoli] "Is it possible for me to link the sequence back up to the H.264 camera files in resolve for grading? Does Resolve support H.264?"

Its sort of possible, Resolve does support H264, (mostly for dailies, to convert an awkward format into a workable one) but why would you want to do it?

You already have everything in an intra-format which Resolve is going to like better than the camera Long-GOP (and you are likely going to have to track down a lot of 'spanned' files).

No advantage and a ton of work just to go backwards. Been there. Go with the DNxHD. If there any special processes in the timeline, like speed changes, you will be avoiding a lot of problems to come.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]