FORUMS: list search recent posts

settings nightmare!!!!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
settings nightmare!!!!
on Feb 20, 2013 at 6:17:52 pm

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me what the key is to making the "System Config" setting hold between different databases? I have logged in as admin and saved it, but every time I create a new database, the "System Config" defaults back to the factory defaults. I must be missing some vital step.... please help!!!!

AS

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: settings nightmare!!!!
on Feb 20, 2013 at 8:57:05 pm

Try saving config in presets bin.

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu
https://vimeo.com/iconstudioseu/videos

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Feb 20, 2013 at 9:03:35 pm

Can you explain what you mean in more detail?

Here is my process.....

Create a new database
Click on the project settings cog icon
Make all my settings
Save my settings
Right click on my saved settings and choose "Save as System Config"

Then when I need to create a new database for a new series I expect that I can just load the "System Config" settings and I'm ready to go....BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!! "System Config" does not appear to apply to my system - just one database. Useless!!!! Unless I am doing something wrong???

Please help someone!!!

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:38:14 am

Hi Andrew,

The System Config setting is database specific, there is no global setting across all databases.

The System Config get copied over to User Config for all new users added within that database.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

Gabriele Turchi
on Feb 21, 2013 at 3:57:07 pm

I still wish we could export the config setting as a file .
Otherwise when we need to work on another system we have to manually create the user and set everything manually ( and tehre are quite some preferences involved ...)

g

Davinci Resolve Control Surface
MacPro
Cubix desktop 4
2 Red Rockets
GTX470+GTX470+GTX470
24GB RAM
HP Dreamcolor
Panasonic 58PF Plasma
Ultrascope

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 21, 2013 at 4:45:58 pm

[Rohit Gupta] "The System Config setting is database specific, there is no global setting across all databases."

Which, although not entirely convenient, might not be a bad thing.
And has been how it is for a very long time and reminds me of the days of re-setting systems with every new version of software, even in Renaissance times. (Yes, we were doing color correction in the 1500s) And each user would need to set up separate configurations for each telecine gate (35, 16, super16), and then we'd create scan and masking basemems for different stocks and apertures -- for example 16mm Academy Vision2 500 on the 'super-16' gate (although in the late '90s (that's 1490, before Columbus!) you might use that for 80% of your schedule) -- some pervert would come in (Savonarola was famous for this, so we learned to phone in "ill" on those days) and want the whole image area anamorphic, which is doctrinely *more pure*, which would change the scan patch enough -URSA CRT - to warrant a new TAF setup (so put up three film loops -- the Kodak Telecine Tools grey chart, followed by the appropriate TAF loop for that stock, and then the Channel 7 16x9 ground glass... actually the scan patch needed to be done first, whoops start over...).

Which would be good for a couple of months. So the permutations were large and really had to be checked for corruption every time you re-booted, anyway...
Then there was the confusion between what was a configuration basemem, user basemem and session basemem...
Frankly, I find Final Cut to be worse for pref corruption and getting blown away every time you update anything in the chain, with the added bonus that it doesn't warn you about anything. At least DaVinci advises that you'll have to update your database...

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Feb 21, 2013 at 5:45:48 pm

Can't you just build an empty project setup correctly, export it, then import it and copy it's config to your system config? Or at least use it to make a default preset?

Then you just need to keep a project on your desktop, or wherever, and import, copy, create for every new DB...

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Feb 28, 2013 at 12:22:46 am

Yeah....good suggestion....this is what I have done thanks and will do as a work around until they return the functionality that was in Version 8 ( a touch of the FCP X debacle here!)...

S

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Mar 1, 2013 at 6:09:15 am

Also, have you pushed the little network/server globe on the bottom left of the project pane? It allows you to select different databases and look through the different users and each users projects...

This sounds like what you've been looking for... it looks very similar to how the project pane looked in v8, in a v9 kind of way..... but it may be just different enough...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]