FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA AVID file 4k in Resolve?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Milling
AMA AVID file 4k in Resolve?
on Feb 11, 2013 at 3:33:33 pm

Hi, basically i have been asked to edit a 4k short film which they will want to have the final output at 4k. From what i understand i can link to the original material through AMA, then export a AFF for the grader in resolve.

My question is that as AVID cannot create a sequence high than 1920x1080 im hoping that the AFF file will no limit the grader to 1920x1080 and instead be able to grade with the full 4k image and output from that?

Ive done a round trip before, however the spec was only for 1080p.

(NOTE IM GOING TO POST THIS IN THE AVID FORUM ASWELL)

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: AMA AVID file 4k in Resolve?
on Feb 11, 2013 at 7:17:18 pm

Haven't tried this yet myself, but other experiences might indicate setting project attributes prior to the AAF import, uncheck import settings-from-project, and link to different source files=> the parent camera media.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: AMA AVID file 4k in Resolve?
on Feb 11, 2013 at 7:51:10 pm

I think you can change to timeline setting after the AAF import in resolve. However, you will not be able to roundtrip back to avid. So you need to think of this as a traditional DI, where you leave editorial and then finish in a system which supports 4k finishing. This might be possible entirely in resolve, or you may need to use a resolution independent finishing platform like clipster or flame.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]