FORUMS: list search recent posts

Premiere Pro EDL Import problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Coory
Premiere Pro EDL Import problem
on Feb 11, 2013 at 3:40:48 am

Hey all
I'm trying to import an edl from PP into resolve.
Every time I import it resolve tells me there's no media in the media pool (which there isn't). Well obviously, there has to be in order for the EDL to reference.

But my project file is quite large and I have heaps of media spread out within a folder, so much that resolve just crashes. All the tutorials demonstrate how to import an EDL but their using 5 small managable clips. I'm working on a large project.

How can I get my PP EDL into Resolve??

Best

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Premiere Pro EDL Import problem
on Feb 11, 2013 at 4:37:11 am

Use XML, and run it through fcp7. I've had no success with edl from PrP. Also would strongly recommend consolidating your media so that you can point it at one folder instead of trying to track things down.

I know some people don't even bother with edl or XML from premiere, and instead just do a scene detect pass.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Neutzsky-Wulff
on Feb 11, 2013 at 12:30:30 pm

I am having similar problems and I thought about exporting a self-contained movie and then running scene detection in Resolve as well.

My question is:

What format should I export to?

My project was shot on a 5D MKIII and I've edited the H264 files natively in Premiere Pro. I am on a PC running Windows 8. Final delivery is for TV in Europe.

Return to posts index

ninetto makavejev
on Feb 12, 2013 at 11:15:10 am

Depends on the material, and how heavy your color correction will be, as well as if you have the hard-drive space and capabilities.
DPX for all high-end stuff.
DNxHD Avid codecs in a MOV container for the rest will also do you fine and will not kill more modest systems.

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Feb 11, 2013 at 8:38:00 am

Xml roundtrip works fine

Return to posts index

patrick hamilton
on Feb 13, 2013 at 5:45:10 pm

I tried xml from priemere to resolve and it doesn't see the file. I'm using a PC as well.

Return to posts index

jack Bibbo
on Mar 15, 2013 at 6:51:59 pm

Similar issues.

PP EDLs are junk. One thing to look at is the REEL ID. PP put the file name as REED ID and this has thrown off Resolve for the last two jobs I have done on PP. We fixed this by going to the list and deleting the .R3D extension and leaving only the 16 digits RED gives the files as a REEL ID. This allowed RESOLVED to see it.

We are cutting :30 so our lists are not deep. If you have a big show then that work may be tedious.

Also we saw discrepancies in our source TC version the TC on the list. 1 frame off here 2 frames there. Again junky.

have not tried the round trip to FCP. Might try that.

good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]