FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tracking turning person

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mohammad Tavakoli
Tracking turning person
on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:11:16 am

I'm currently grading a short film. There is one shot where the director wanted the character to have a warmer tone than the background. I selected him out using a power window but the character turns his head so his shape on a 2d surface changes. I've tried tracking him but davinci won't change the shape of my selection, just moves it around. Therefore, after about 10 frames it's not covering him anymore.

Is there anyway I could manually keyframe my selection for every frame?

I tried adding keyframes on the tracker tool but only allows for two.

I would really appreciate it if someone could guide me in the right direction.

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
Re: Tracking turning person
on Feb 7, 2013 at 10:02:23 am

I suggest you read from page 406 and further from the manual, which you can find here:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/detail?sid=3948&pid=4446&leg=false&...

Here's a sample from it:

Combining Tracking and Dynamic Keyframes

You can easily combine object tracking and keyframing to animate windows. For example, you’ll typically use object tracking to make a window follow the position and orientation of a moving feature, but you can add dissolve marks to the window track of the correction in the Color page with which to alter its size and shape to better conform to a feature’s changing form.

So, simply said, to alter the shape of the window, use dynamic keyframing, not the tracking controls.

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

Mohammad Tavakoli
Re: Tracking turning person
on Feb 21, 2013 at 1:11:06 pm

Thank you so much! I'm not sure what I was doing wrong before but I learned a lot from the manual.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]