FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to import configuration settings in DAVINCI 9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew sableton
how to import configuration settings in DAVINCI 9
on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:42:07 pm

Hi all,

I have just moved my systems over to version 9 and am having trouble working out how to import configuration settings or presets from one database to another - there was an easy way to do it in version 8 but I have not been able to find it in the manual or the interface for version 9 - can anyone point me to the right place? I'm sure it's something easy and straightforward that I am just blind to....

Thx
AS

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
Re: how to import configuration settings in DAVINCI 9
on Feb 8, 2013 at 5:48:47 pm

Um.....anyone? The clunky workaround I have found is to import a project from another database then access the settings through that..... a step backwards from version 8 functionality..... have they removed this feature?

S

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Feb 8, 2013 at 11:20:52 pm

You created an entirely new database?... is the old one still around? Can you add it to your system, upgrade it then access it?

Or back up the old one from whatever machine it's on, and import/add/restore... whatever the language is and work like that...

Or am I missing your question at a basic level?

You can always do the clunky version... for the basic setups, save as presets... then you only need to import once...

Return to posts index

andrew sableton
on Feb 12, 2013 at 5:40:25 pm

For every TV series I grade I create a new database, to keep things neatly organized. In Version 8 you could import configuration settings (essentially PRESETS) with my preferred settings, from another database. This functionality seems to have been removed from Version 9. Moreover when I tried to create a system setting preset by logging in as ADMIN, so that my default for any database would be my usual preferred settings, when I created a new database, the default system setting seems to have reverted to the install default - NOT MY CREATED system setting, so I can't even get this functionality to work....

ARRGGGG.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]