FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve to Final Cut 7 - Slipped Clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ravi Kiran
Resolve to Final Cut 7 - Slipped Clips
on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:49:25 am

I imported into FCP7 a timeline graded in Resolve 9, and I'm getting quite a few graded clips that are slipped off from where they should be. What causes this and how would I fix it? Is this just a bug from FCP and/or Resolve? Any workarounds? I re-imported the XML I sent to the colorist, to see if something was off, and the shots that were slipped were correct. So I wonder if there's some issue with Resolve importing or exporting that XML, or with FCP importing the graded XML.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Resolve to Final Cut 7 - Slipped Clips
on Feb 5, 2013 at 4:19:59 am

Are you on 9.1.1?

Please provide some more details. Are you used Mixed FPS clips? Did you have Mixed FPS turned on in Resolve when importing the XML?

Return to posts index

Ravi Kiran
Re: Resolve to Final Cut 7 - Slipped Clips
on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:37:44 am

I'm not sure what version exactly it was, since I'm not the colorist, but I will find out.

The timeline is 29.97, and there were some non-29.97 clips, but those were baked into 29.97. There *might* be one or two such clips still in the timeline, but I doubt it. Most of the footage is 30p, though there's some 60i footage. Lots of speed ramps (through speed segments) were used throughout, though the clips that have been slipped aren't always speed-ramped, speed-changed, or reversed. It's mostly ProRes 422, with some ProRes Proxy files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]