FORUMS: list search recent posts

MBP keyboard and trackpad freezing with 9.1 and 9.1.1

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Halper
MBP keyboard and trackpad freezing with 9.1 and 9.1.1
on Feb 3, 2013 at 10:39:43 pm

I have a Retina MBP running OSX 10.8.2. Ever since I upgraded to 9.1 the keyboard and trackpad on my Retina MBP freezes after about 10 seconds of not using them. When I press a key on the keyboard or try to move the mouse cursor with the trackpad nothing happens for a couple seconds and then suddenly they work. External keyboard and mouse work fine with no issues. Happens with other apps that are running at the same time. If I close Resolve everything works normal. I rolled back to 9.0.4 and the issue went away. Reinstalled 9.1.1 and the problem came back. Tried disabling the Tangent Element and that didn't fix it. I reported it to BMD tech support. Is anyone else is having this problem?

Return to posts index

Joakim Ziegler
Re: MBP keyboard and trackpad freezing with 9.1 and 9.1.1
on Feb 6, 2013 at 9:04:30 am

This has happened to me too occasionally, also on a Retina MBP. It doesn't happen consistently after 10 seconds of inactivity like you describe, I think, but definitely the cursor freezes at times when running Resolve, and after trying to move it for a second or two, it unfreezes.

Now, I'm pretty sure this happened to me on 9.0.x as well, though I wouldn't swear to it.

--
Joakim Ziegler - Postproduction Supervisor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]