FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conforming a project with no Timecode.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Conforming a project with no Timecode.
on Jan 25, 2013 at 2:56:13 am

I tried exporting an XML from FCP and bringing it into resolve, resolve is randomly selecting the in and out points. All media starts at 00:00:00:00. For example in one clip the inpoint would be 00034014, resolve doesnt start from 0, but is 15 seconds off on the in point. Random clips, maybe 2/100 are perfect matches.

What can I do?

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: Conforming a project with no Timecode.
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:44:35 am

Look into the QTchange. Will not work with CineForm files though

Return to posts index

Rick Turners
on Jan 25, 2013 at 6:47:57 am

It's all prores. What does QTchange do?

Isn't it possible to make resolve look at the source clip length and use that as a references for the in and out the way Fcp currently sees it?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jan 25, 2013 at 7:31:54 pm

Pretty sure you can set it to reference, frames instead of TC... If I remember correctly, it should be in the same place where you set the Reel interpretation. I've never used it though, so I have no idea if it will work.

Worth noting, Resolve looks at Reels first, then TC. So you will need to add some Reel information to your clips in FCP before going to Resolve... since there is no TC, all clips will need unique Reel numbers.

Return to posts index

Chris DK
on Jan 28, 2013 at 3:26:54 am

Resolve looks at Reels first, then TC
How? I import ARI files into media pool based EDL, Resolve confuses clips with same timecode, I really hope it can identify REEL first.

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
on Jan 27, 2013 at 10:17:47 pm

How was that prores created?
Google QTchange to get to their webpage. Its a tool that can create timecode/change reel names in QuickTime files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]