FORUMS: list search recent posts

ACES and Multiple Cameras?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Burkhart
ACES and Multiple Cameras?
on Jan 24, 2013 at 9:47:41 am

I'm starting a personal project, so I thought this would be a good time to take a jump into the ACES workflow. This project will be shown in HD and there will be one screening in a theater via DCP.

So in theory, I can grade once, and then just switch a new Output Device Transform from Rec709 to DCP-3 and call it a day right?

My question is in Resolve how does one deal with two types of cameras in ACES? For example I want to shoot with a Red Epic and a Canon DSLR. Both of these have different IDT's, but I can only see how to set one IDT in project settings.

Is it possible in the future to set an IDT on a per clip basis as well?

John Burkhart

http://ditspot.com

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: ACES and Multiple Cameras?
on Jan 24, 2013 at 11:46:49 am

that would interest me as well!

i did my first aces project this week (tv docuemtary shot on ikonoskop) and would have
liked to render some clips out and reimport them (because sometimes strange things happen
with the ikonoskop dngs) again.

but i couldn't because on reimporting he transforms those files again.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jan 24, 2013 at 8:54:55 pm

I'm fairly certain you can change the IDT on a clip by clip basis, since ACES introduction, should be an option when right-clicking a clip in the timeline. The Color timeline as opposed to the Conform timeline.

Return to posts index

John Burkhart
on Jan 25, 2013 at 12:44:15 am

Thanks Eric!

Right where you said it was. I don't know why I was looking in the camera RAW section. The option only shows up though when you're in ACES color space already.

John Burkhart

http://ditspot.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]