FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to reconform an XML when Red footage is on more than one drive

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ruffo
How to reconform an XML when Red footage is on more than one drive
on Jan 21, 2013 at 12:25:15 pm

Reconforming an XMl based on pointers to .mov files to R3D usually works well, but...

DaVinci asks me to look in only one place - but the footage is spread over two raids. Is there any way to make this work? I'm dealing with 100s of files, and no single drive is large enough to handle them all.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: How to reconform an XML when Red footage is on more than one drive
on Jan 22, 2013 at 5:41:07 am

You are using V9 right? Unless I'm misunderstanding, are you saying, that when you use XML and Resolve doesn't find all files it doesn't ask you, if you'd like to look in other places? Because it should.

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Jan 22, 2013 at 10:19:36 am

It does ask I think he says.

Issue is he can only select one destination.

Can't you command click multiple dest ?

otherwise just lob all the media into media pool before loading the XML

s

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 22, 2013 at 7:42:13 pm

I haven't noticed, that you can only access only one drive, when resolve asks you for the additional locations. In that case, why not create an alias of the folder needed from another drive? Resolve understands aliases...

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Jan 22, 2013 at 9:21:26 pm

Hi Robert,

I think the command you are looking for is "import additional clips with loose/tight filename match."

Once you import an XML and point it to the first drive/directory (and half the clips are missing), then right click on the timeline name and select "import>additional clips with loose filename" match to select another drive/directory. It will use the original XML and look in that folder, adding more media to the media pool.

Cheers,

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:24:25 am

Just checked the possibility of using additional folders on other drives with aliases and, unfortunately, Resolve doesn't see them.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:33:28 am

It seems I'm missing something. I just tested importing XML and Resolve allows you to import as many times as you like from as many drives as you like too....

Return to posts index

Robert Ruffo
on Jan 25, 2013 at 3:23:43 am

Hey Jake!

You mean you import the same XMl twice, and each time it adds more stuff to the media pool?

ANd Cannon, thanks for the GREAT tip, I'll try it!

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 26, 2013 at 2:58:47 am

No, that's not what I meant. Import XML and Resolve will ask you where to look. If resolve finds all needed files in the first folder, you're done. Otherwise, Resolve will ask you again, if you want to stop or if you'd like to continue to look in another folder, which can be on another drive. Select yes and select another drive and folder there and Resolve will continue doing that, until everything had been found.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]