FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am in trouble

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Conrad
I am in trouble
on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:35:49 am

Ok... So I finished grading a feature shot on RED and delivered. I backed up my DB. They are now wanting to change the matte.... And I can not find the DB for the project.... I am still looking for it ( It is somewhere) but I am also looking into other options.

Is there any way to take the graded final and have resolve look at it and the original and match ? I know the is probably a no, because I used multiple nodes... But if I have to regade it would be nice to get it close :)

Ken

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: I am in trouble
on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:24:43 am

Hi Ken, lets start with some information on what config you have. Mac/Windows/Linux? Disk or PostGres dB? Which version of Resolve?

You say you backed up the dB but you did not mention if the original project still exists or that was deleted?

Did you export your project at the end of the job, including a 'Grab all stills' for every timeline. That way you would not only have the project with grades but also the stills as a reference.

Peter

Return to posts index

Ken Conrad
on Jan 22, 2013 at 1:35:58 am

I am on a Mac. Version 8, disk DB

I did do an export with grab all stills but that is what I am missing... I had a drive fail and It was on there. I know I should have had it in more than one location... I have every other element on the project backed up multiple times.

All that I have now is the rendered ProRes 4444 2k files from resolve and the original red master files. I also have all of the AAFs from avid.. So i can easily rebuild the reels.

I was just hoping there could be a way to recreate the grade from the renders and the originals... I did not know if that is even possible.

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Jan 22, 2013 at 5:43:22 am

If that was possible, you wouldn't have a job:-)

Return to posts index

Ken Conrad
on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:24:52 am

I know jake, But I can hope. Or wish :)

I have already started regrading it :) maybe it will be even better this time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]