FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roundtrip XML greyed out in FCP 7

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Brill
Roundtrip XML greyed out in FCP 7
on Jan 11, 2013 at 3:41:53 pm

This has happened to me a couple times now when I try and do a round trip from my windows DaVinci back to FCP. The XML DaVinci exports out of my finished timeline never seems to be able to be imported into FCP. It is always greyed out and this has happened with multiple versions of DaVinci. In DaVinci I render my timeline using the round trip preset, add some handles, render, and then jump back to the conform page to right click my timeline and export an xml. Am I missing something?

I obviously just deal with it and render out a single clip and individuals as needed but it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong or if anyone else has this problem.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Roundtrip XML greyed out in FCP 7
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:16:36 pm

It would be greyed out in the Project tab, but should be available in the Conform page....???

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

James Brill
on Jan 11, 2013 at 9:19:59 pm

Oh I'm sorry for not explaining myself better. I meant that the XML is greyed out when in FCP when you go to File>import>XML.

Basically I can't get XML's from DaVinci to go into Final Cut Pro. I have done it from Mac DaVincis countless times.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Jan 12, 2013 at 5:31:52 am

Are you generating a FCP 7 XML or FCP X?

Peter

Return to posts index

James Brill
on Jan 12, 2013 at 2:01:52 pm

For Final Cut 7 and I'm using the ".xml" not one of the ".fcpxml" extensions.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Jan 14, 2013 at 1:16:55 am

I have not heard of this before... What version of FCP 7 are you using?

Return to posts index

James Brill
on Jan 15, 2013 at 6:27:53 pm

I just exported my Window's Resolve project and imported it into a Resolve install on the Mac I'm trying to import the XML into. Unfortunately all my source media is local to the Window's system so the XML the Mac Resolve exported didn't have anything in it so hopefully that didn't skew the test but it did import that XML into FCP no problem.

No one has ever had with this? I've had it with every Windows Resolve project I've done so far.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]