FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mxf files won't show up in media pool

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Burns
Mxf files won't show up in media pool
on Jan 9, 2013 at 4:53:58 am

I have been given a project outputted from avid symphony as aaf- with linked and copied media not re-transcoded, some shots seem to have the avchd Chinese characters. The problem is: DaVinci won't import the MXF files... it says they are missing even though I've selected the right folder. I tried to add them to my media pool, but the same thing, it just says the files aren't there, but others are.

Now - this is a 50 minute show... Lots of media- Is there a fast way to get around this issue, or am I totally missing something? want to ask before re-transcoding in avid. Thanks guys -

Burnsy
Post Sup. | Sr editor
Avid Symphony 6.0.3 | DS
Davinci Resolve 9.0.2 | Mac 12core

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Mxf files won't show up in media pool
on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:00:04 pm

I had an issue like this. My project contained Canon C300, and 5D files. Even though it was conformed to DNxHD, Resolve still didn't see the files from one camera.
Was you project exported on a PC?

Return to posts index

Kevin Burns
on Jan 9, 2013 at 8:36:06 pm

No all on Mac? Mac Symphony - to Resolve? The cameras were 5D and Panasonic P2 - but it is def only the clips with the Chinese characters? Thanks for responding Laco -

Return to posts index

Jaaron Eller
on Jan 11, 2013 at 6:12:45 pm

I've seen this issue when media was brought into the Symphony/ Media Composer project with a "fast import" method (See page 138 of the Resolve Manual). Could this be the issue?

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Jan 11, 2013 at 11:04:32 pm

I would GUESS, that Resolve doesn't like the chinese characters....

You could do a mixdown of your video and preconform with an EDL.

The couple times I've done this from avid i had to add a TC offset, but otherwise works nicely.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]