FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Failed to create directory"

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
"Failed to create directory"
on Jan 4, 2013 at 4:46:57 am

So this falls under 'my own damn fault' but I'm hoping you guys can help out. I tried to change where my CacheClip & .gallery directories go. The change did not take, and even when I tried to change back I'm still getting a weird message almost constantly on the Conform page. "Failed to create directors (the file path where it should be going)" and then "Please check the file system permissions."
Anyone see this before or know what I did wrong?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Margus Voll
Re: "Failed to create directory"
on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:22:05 am

have you tested un install and re install?

--

Margus

http://iconstudios.eu

DaVinci 9, OSX 10.7.4
MacPro 5.1 2x2,93 24GB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Multibridge 2 Pro

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Jan 4, 2013 at 3:43:30 pm

Hi Jesse,

Not in front of a workstation right now to check - but I think that this gets set in two different places: In the Resolve preferences you can set the main working volume (the "first in the list") and then in the master project settings there are the three text fields, where you are basically specifying subdirectories that will be created on that volume.

So if you wrote a volume into the path in the project settings, you might have created the problem that way. Probably start be resetting those to the default.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:44:22 am

I think that did it. The Preferences/"First In List" thing was the key I was missing. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]