FORUMS: list search recent posts

convert cr to dng and import to resolve9

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
pierre reischer
convert cr to dng and import to resolve9
on Jan 3, 2013 at 2:00:13 pm

hi there. i try and fail when importing converted fotos from a 5dmk3, into resolve. when importing the dng's into resolve 9, the resolution which is 2880x1920 from each foto crashes and shows 281x171 resolution in resolve. first i converted raw to dng via adobe dng converter. this seems to work fine, the dng's when viewing one in Lightroom are looking well and have the right resolution.

i try to import and grade a timelapse and want to have the most possibilitys when grading...

thanks for help which describes me a way that works...

Pierre

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: convert cr to dng and import to resolve9
on Jan 3, 2013 at 8:43:31 pm

The problem here is Resolve looks at the JPG preview file to determine the format for the media. In the BMDCC camera for example the jpg embeded within the DNG is set to the full frame size. But the DNGs being made in lightroom are embedding thumbnail sized preview images, messing up the interpretation within resolve.

Solution: ?

Afraid I don't have one. Perhaps there is a way to define the size of the previews being generated by Lightroom, or a third party DNG converter that handles it the way Resolve likes, or maybe you can get the Resolve dev team to add it.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

pierre reischer
on Jan 5, 2013 at 9:49:31 am

thanks very much Juan!
gonna try to get to resolve with that issue, hoping they can work on this...

wish you all the best in the 2013.

Pierre

Return to posts index

Emanuel Schwermer
on Apr 16, 2014 at 5:04:59 pm

Hello there,
any news on that?

I'm doing a TimeLapse project as well right now and would love to workflow from Canon RAW (6D) to DNG. (transcoding with Adobe Bridge)

I'm on resolve 10.1.4 (.009) with MacPro2014 on OSX 10.9.2

It would be such a super-cool workflow, especially because of the possibility to set resolve10 to
Camera RAW: cinemaDNG: with the Option: HighlightRecovery.
This gives awesome results, i tested it today, but this import problem sucks, all frames have some % of black on the left and upper side.

I wrote BlackMagic, but now answer until now.

Any hints?

Greets from Munich,
Emanuel
http://www.firstcamera.de

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]