FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve Dailies Workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan Arnold
DaVinci Resolve Dailies Workflow
on Jan 2, 2013 at 9:00:59 pm

Greetings,

I was looking for some insight regarding Resolve 9 and it's Dailies potential. I have been testing Resolve and building a workflow that fits in with my companies normal Dailies output. I have some issues when it comes to processing my footage and was looking for some answers/advice.

1) Is there a way to set my In Points and then drag the media from the Media Pool as a group?

I need to set in points just before my slate clap and have only been able to load the trimmed clips into the Timeline individually by dragging them from the viewer.

2) Is it possible to change or edit columns in the Media Pool so it will list Scene, Take, Circle Take and Notes that I have entered in the Meta Data Pane?

I will need to be able to set circle takes quickly and efficiently. As of now I can see which clip belongs to which take through the Meta Data pane on the Media Tab. Problem is as soon as multiple clips are selected that information will disappear making it difficult to accurately change the circle take value on a selected range of clips.

3) Is there a setting for creating handles that takes the clip start and end TC as well as the in points into account?

When converting footage out I sometimes have clips where the in and out points are less then 24 frames long respective to the clip start/end TC. Resolve will then add black video frames to make the handles a full 24 frames. It looks very sloppy and also affects the timing of the burn-in.

I am very new to Resolve and greatly appreciate any help/advice with these issues. Thank in advance.

~Ethan Arnold

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]