FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec not open yet error

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Turners
Codec not open yet error
on Dec 23, 2012 at 5:59:16 am

Trying to render some Prores 422HQ 1920x1080 material which is failing to render once it hits a couple particular shots. When I try to render those shots in the sequence, the X comes up and I have to force quit Resolve to stop it. When I just render the individual problem shots the codec not open yet error comes up, even though I have rendered other things in the same session.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Clark Bierbaum
Re: Codec not open yet error
on Dec 23, 2012 at 3:33:05 pm

Look for ":" or other illegal characters in the clip name. I was at the end of a 1300 cut movie and had 9% left to render and this cost me an hour or more. Easiest fix for me was to render from the offending clip to the end letting Resolve name the clip, turned off "use clip name." Saved my bacon! Wouldn't call it a bug as ":" shouldn't be used in a file name.

Special thanks to production for using ":", who the heck does that!

Good Luck!

Clark Bierbaum
Color Grading / Post Consultant
GarnetColor.com
Charlotte, NC

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Dec 23, 2012 at 5:05:48 pm

Yeah, Or Danish letters or / and stuff ;) @&&!?'!!
Maybe Resolve could check it on loading ?

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.5 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

rob curley
on Jun 24, 2013 at 8:43:59 am

I know this issue has been solved but can I just say this highlights to me everything that was wrong with FCP. Yes it was cheap, many non-tech people/production companies thought they were 'thinking different' and took it on. 'Hey just throw your media in the time line and start cutting' they say......a fine cut is made and everyone is happy except the online editor/colorist who has to deal with all the mixed frame rates, weird file names, bad conversions, etc. Preping an FCP sequence can be diabolical.
It's interesting how the client whinges when you put that extra prep time on the invoice....I just say to them 'Think Differnet'

As you can gather I have been scared.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]