FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature Request - Colortrace Camera Source Settings Options

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Hall
Feature Request - Colortrace Camera Source Settings Options
on Dec 15, 2012 at 7:56:21 pm

This may have been brought up before, so someone please direct to me to the thread if its been talked about (I couldn't find it on a search), but I would love to be able to have the option to color trace Camera Source Settings along with grade information. A checkbox option for this seems reasonable as a means of turning this function on or off in the colortrace page. I've been reconforming a red feature (hard drives failed and lost all trimmed source media), and having to manually paste stills of all my old grades on first to get my source settings before I use colortrace to copy key-framing etc.

Someone let me know if this already exists, I'd love to be happily surprised!

Chris Hall
Colorist - Basher Films
Pasadena, CA

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Feature Request - Colortrace Camera Source Settings Options
on Dec 15, 2012 at 8:48:09 pm

I absolutely second this !

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Dec 17, 2012 at 11:04:08 pm

+1

If that change came along with some additional colortrace functionality to use other-than-version-1 versions, that would be great as well.

KC

Prehistoric Digital

Return to posts index

prathvish hegde
on Dec 18, 2012 at 8:25:33 am

+1 very important as lots and lots of raw files are pouring in

prathvish hegde
colorist
(DaVinci Resolve and 2Kplus)

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRPJQ3fIEoojI3JMa4rHKb9gqq8VeIZ81

Return to posts index

John Tissavary
on Dec 21, 2012 at 9:56:01 pm

How about just being able to save a timeline with all of its contents - conform, grades (versions too, please), animation, render settings etc.

Timelines could then be used for versioning, something that is already a challenge in Resolve.

Also, it's practically impossible to bring a timeline completely in tact from one project to another - you lose camera settings, version, and color trace is not always 100% perfect, the amount of qc that has to go on to ensure that every single clip has the right grade is monumental. I guess a little bit manageable for spots, but on a feature with 2000+ cuts not so much.

The data is there - if you can open a project and get the same grades, version, & animation you had the last time you open the project, then it should be less than trivial to do the same for a timeline.

John Tissavary | colorist | owner
The Post Collective

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]