FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feature Request : A working Cache

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Haber
Feature Request : A working Cache
on Dec 13, 2012 at 12:01:01 pm

This is an Oldie but Goldie ...
I would really like to see a working cache function .
The cache files need to stay when closing the project .
What use is s cache if I have an hour long project with a lot of noise reduction nodes that need to rerender every time I leave the project ?
Also the selection tool (yellow nodes ) should include the cache operations, so we can multi select a bunch of nodes to be cached .
A golden frame or something should indicate the slot is on disk .

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Craig Harris
Re: Feature Request : A working Cache
on Dec 14, 2012 at 1:07:59 am

I second that request.

Return to posts index

Al Arnold
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:55:18 am

I third that request. The ability to cache user selected nodes nodes would be awesome. Having them not need to be constantly re-rendered would be even nicer...

Return to posts index

Chris Hall
on Dec 15, 2012 at 7:43:44 pm

4th it.

Chris Hall
Colorist - Basher Films
Pasadena, CA

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:38:41 am

I actually want nothing to do with the way cache is implemented in Resolve, even if did work. What I'd like is the implementation of cache in FilmMaster and to a lesser degree. Baselight, where you can cache debayered material, as well as apply REAL noise reduction, REAL sharpening etc. Once those operations performed, there is almost never a need to re-do those operations. So, when I operate FilmMaster, I simply apply it all and go for a walk, a coffee etc. When i'm back, it's done and I'm on my way grading Red material in FIULL resolution with no Red Rocket! And if that wasn't enough. I can cache pretty much any layer, so only the new layer needs to be calculated. Doing it this way dramatically increases the speed of render (in this case it is pretty much real time and it is always in the background). If that is not enough, you can use distributed renderer, based on cheap Linux computers. And the best part, i don't have to worry about fragmenting my drives. I can set each session the time frame for the cache expiration. All I do is once a week or so I run defrag on my drives.
And that's how it's done!

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
on Dec 17, 2012 at 9:12:03 am

And its the same in Scratch and Smoke...
Well...not for the amazing, out of this world, noise reduction tools that Filmmaster was built around ,)
But for now, just the cache please...

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Dec 19, 2012 at 8:43:56 pm

Unfortunately no. Smoke doesn't really use cache. It's actually a render, just like FCP. And Scratch implementation of cache is as bad as Resolve. I'd like for BM to strive to be the best of the bread, not just "good enough".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]