FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve stops rendering in the middle of project

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Timo Teravainen
Resolve stops rendering in the middle of project
on Dec 12, 2012 at 2:56:15 pm

Hi, I'm having a rendering issue with Resolve 9.0.4 lite. I'm grading Canon 5D H.264 material and rendering to DNxHD 1080 Quicktime. It renders a few clips fine, but after that the render hangs, frame rate drops to zero, and time remaining keeps going up.. The "Stop Render" button doesn't respond also, but I can quit the app normally and save the project. Next time when I opened Resolve I tried rendering the same clip where it hanged last time and it rendered out fine.

My setup is Windows 7, Xeon 6-core, GTX 285/GTX580, and monitoring with Ultrastudio SDI. Didn't have any rendering problems with the same setup on version 8.

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: Resolve stops rendering in the middle of project
on Dec 12, 2012 at 10:00:20 pm

Also tried other render formats and other projects, same issue. Render stops after a few clips, and it seems to be quite random where it stops, different clip every time. Could this be a disk issue?

Return to posts index

John Sellars
on Dec 13, 2012 at 1:39:25 am

Try to delete any offline or unknown clips (flag one and they should all be flagged). Make sure there are no spaces (or %) in the source filenames.

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Dec 13, 2012 at 6:17:16 pm

I just had a similar issue, it appeared to happen in areas that had heavy blur/tracking/noise reduction...

I ultimately had to rend in chunks, because the failure was seemingly random, and then did a "flat pass" render throttled down to generate my XML... used Find & Replace to fix the XML and it all seems to have worked... just super frustrating, hopefully that may help...

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: solve stops rendering in the middle of project
on Dec 14, 2012 at 3:16:22 pm

Looks like it was a disk issue for me. Emptied and formatted my media drive, which had some error messages pop up now and then, and also formatted it to NTFS instead of HFS+(it had been a Macdrive disk earlier) and now the renders that I have tested are coming all the way through

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]