FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci back to Premiere for final cut and export

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Hamilton
Davinci back to Premiere for final cut and export
on Dec 7, 2012 at 11:45:28 pm

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. I know there are a few threads on roundtrip workflows between NLE programs and Davinci, but none have alluded to my specific issue thus far.

Background:

Music video shot on the RED Epic. Initial cut completed in Premiere Pro CS6. Exported XML and grade completed in Davinci Resolve 8.

Issues:

1. We have spent a few days grading what I thought would be a final cut. However, there are few parts of the sequence that I am still unhappy with. What is the best way to change the cut without having to grade the entire sequence again?

2. I am trying to get the sequence back into Premiere Pro for a bit of minute trimming and to complete the final export. I understand that this is achieved through the 'conform' function in Davinci, which renders and exports the graded footage along with an xml file that references those files. However, I don't want to suffer any quality loss during this step. In other words, I am trying to get the sequence out of Resolve, back into premiere using an xml file that references graded video files of the highest possible quality with little to no compression. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

Return to posts index

James Sullivan
Re: Davinci back to Premiere for final cut and export
on Dec 8, 2012 at 3:39:59 am

Just make the changes in Premiere and re-xport a second XML. When you bring it back into the same project you graded the video inside Resolve all of your grades should come across. This is assuming your footage had reel numbers associated with them. If not it should be easy enough to copy the grades over. Or render out the sequence with enough handles to make your changes.

James

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]