FORUMS: list search recent posts

9.04: nasty bug with groups and undo...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bolton
9.04: nasty bug with groups and undo...
on Dec 5, 2012 at 2:09:53 pm

I seem to have a found a bug in 9.0.4 that can make you inadvertently lose a lot of grades.
try this...

balance grade 3 shots in a first node using primaries.
group the 3 shots together, leave ripple type on default "unit values changed"
add in a serial node
create a look grade on the second serial node
go back to your first node, step through shots, confirm you still have all the different balance grades on each shot.
go back to second node, modify the look with something extreme, push offset all the way red for example
press undo

Bam, you've just lost all the grades in your balance primaries, they all get same to the value of the first clip in the group!!!

I've tried creating a completely new project and can still reproduce this, also tried ripple on "percentage values changed" same thing happens.

can anyone else reproduce this?

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
Re: 9.04: nasty bug with groups and undo...
on Dec 6, 2012 at 4:55:38 am

There are special rules for undo in groups. See page 558 in manual.

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:09:46 am

ok sorry I missed this post before I posted again.

so how do you recommend setting up things to be able to show clients multiple versions of a look when working with groups?

lets say I have 3 nodes, base grade, vignette then a look grade all my clips in groups. I want to have 3 looks setup and be able to change between them and have them update to all clips in that group only for the look node?

-
Freelance: Flame - Smoke - Resolve - Nuke - VFX Supervision
Owner / Director: CoreMelt Plugins

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:11:04 am

Versions

http://www.4Kfinish.com | owner-colorist | Hollywood, CA
http://www.facebook.com/4kFinish

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:23:16 am

versions doesn't work for me, I made my look node as 3rd node. add a new version, modify the colors, then when you change back to a previous version it only changes that clip, not all the clips in the group.

the only way I've found that works is adding multiple parallel nodes of the look node then toggling them on and off to show the different versions of my look grade.

That works but seems a little convoluted.

-

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:00:08 am

no one seeing this as well?

the same thing seems to happen with any undo when you have groups. If I add a new serial node, then undo that I also lose all the grade settings in my primary node (all get set to values from first clip in group).

using versions with groups doesn't work either, when you change the grade to a new version it doesn't change the corresponding node in the rest of the clips in a group.

The only way I've found of having multiple grade setups to show the client using groups is using memory/store/restore, that seems to work correctly and doesn't messup all my primary balance grades.

-

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Dec 6, 2012 at 5:54:55 pm

Depending on what exactly is happening in your show, have you considered using the "Track" mode?

At least for testing/versioning looks... then if you need to break things out, you can pull the "Track" grade into your clip grade by still store and "display node graph"...

That way you have versions that don't affect any of your base grades...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]