FORUMS: list search recent posts

Grade applies to all clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Wilson
Grade applies to all clips
on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:06:11 pm

Hi, newbie problem, I've brought in an XML of my premier file and it links to all my original files fine, but when I apply a grade to one clip it applies it to all instances of that particular take.. which is both useful and a pain. Is there a way that I can have Resolve apply a separate grade to each individual segment of each take? Thanks

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Grade applies to all clips
on Dec 4, 2012 at 5:49:53 pm

Did you bother reading the manual ?
right click on a thumbnail in the timeline and choose Copy remote gradings to local.
That will unlink them.

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Ross Wilson
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:20:10 pm

I read the manual when I need it but I couldn't find anything on this or in the Resolve training I bought but that's probably because I'm trying to learn too much in too short a space of time as well as edit do foley and score and my day day job.. the info is very much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on May 11, 2016 at 5:23:45 pm

[Sascha Haber] "Did you bother reading the manual ?"

Lol typical creative cow user, snarkin' it up. This is why newbs don't go to this site as much anymore, every thread started to get crowded with annoyed comments like this.

Return to posts index

Ross Wilson
on May 11, 2016 at 5:51:17 pm

Rather be a newb with a legitimate problem and question than a very unprofessional spud. Have you read the manual... And remembered all of it, never have any issues, never felt lost with a new product that's so vast and expansive, had your creative flow broken by something that needs several hours reading a book to get an answer? Obviously not. You either think your knowledge is so guilded that you find it offensive if anyone asks anything of it, in which case you're a useless ass, or you're threatened by the fact you don't know the answer. Do you spend most of your time replying to questions asked four years ago? Enjoy your attitude, hope it serves you well!

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on May 11, 2016 at 6:20:43 pm

DUDE, I was DEFENDING YOU MAN. I was making fun of the guy that said "tried reading the manual?" I was literally defending everything you just said, defending newbs that have legitimate questions. I was on your side! I hate it when people make snarky comments to people with problems instead of just answering their problem, like that guy Sascha Haber. YOU MISREAD ME LOL LOL LOL.

Return to posts index

Ross Wilson
on May 11, 2016 at 6:24:32 pm

Oh wow, I'm so sorry dude! Hahaha! Well thank you for your defence I appreciate that! And apologies once again man.

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on May 11, 2016 at 6:22:35 pm

That's why I quoted that dude asking you if you read the frickin' manual, and called him snarky, because he was being snarky with you about your legit question. That is a big problem with creative cow, people making snarky comments to newbs instead of helping them. Again, LOL, I was on your side!

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on May 11, 2016 at 6:25:07 pm

And I always comment on threads when someone like Sascha is being unprofessional and rude to a guy like you asking a question, even if it is a several year old thread, because people see these threads and I want to end the trend of being snarky and sarcastic in forums. Dig?

Return to posts index

Cameron Dozier
on May 11, 2016 at 6:25:28 pm

No worries lol :)

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 12, 2016 at 8:48:46 am

[Ross Wilson] "Rather be a newb with a legitimate problem and question than a very unprofessional spud. Have you read the manual... And remembered all of it, never have any issues, never felt lost with a new product that's so vast and expansive, had your creative flow broken by something that needs several hours reading a book to get an answer? "
Calm down. We've all been there. Many people can help with a legitimate problem, but one that boils down to "I'm trying to learn a program I've never used before and haven't read the manual" is going to garner sarcastic responses.

Remote/Local Grading is covered on pages 893-895 of the 12.5 manual. There are good reasons to use either, but I generally go with local grading for a lot of reasons. For reality shows and documentaries, you can make a good case for Remote grading. And there are those who use both under different circumstances.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]