FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve 9 Rendering Problem

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Skeen
Resolve 9 Rendering Problem
on Dec 3, 2012 at 12:23:44 am

Hey all,

First time user of Resolve (9 lite), first time poster, and trying to troubleshoot an issue I'm having. I just finished grading an 8 min short film and am ready to complete my roundtrip back to Avid. I pick the Avid AAF Round-Trip easy setup and give myself clip handles 48 frames long. I select the Avid MediaFilesMXF1 folder that all my source clips are in. It's all ready to go, and I hit start render.

The timeline starts to play for 5 or 6 seconds, then stops dead. The progress bar stays at 0% while the Time Remaining skyrockets. I let it be for a minute or two, but once it got to 15 hours remaining, I decided to stop the render.

The program goes pretty much unresponsive after I hit the button and I try to quit out. The interface goes away, but I checked task manager to see it was still running at 4+ Gb of RAM. Trying to end the process simply didn't work, and I had to wait for probably 20min before Resolve.exe disappeared.

Am I doing something wrong? Everything I know about Resolve is self taught, and I'm feeling a little lost.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Resolve 9 Rendering Problem
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:34:34 am

Render to a new folder... Preferably on a seperate volume for best performance. Then after render copy that Over to the avid media files under a fresh number "2", "10","100" whatever is available. Let avid scan the directory. Then import your new AAF, exported from resolve.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Ben Scott
on Dec 3, 2012 at 1:26:18 pm

best to
make sure avi
  • d not open
  • put to new 1 folder
  • rename old on
es with name

if in with old avid media files then you need to delete the 2 database files in that folder

Return to posts index

Nyan Wint
on Dec 5, 2012 at 5:51:03 pm

Hi Juan,
I have the same issue but I use FCP 7 and tried to do round trip back to FCP 7. My source media files are captured in Quicktime BlackMegic RGB 10 Bit within FCP 7 via BM Decklink 3D extreme+. I also have a RAID volume and it has data rate around 1.4 or 1.5 GB/s and set in RAID 5. I only have that volume that can handle my media's file size others are normal 7500 rpm drives. My problem is a bit differ from others. The problem occurs at the same clip. But, that clip seem OK in both FCP and timeline in Resolve. I tried one of your 2 suggestions. Limit rendering speed (Render speed in FPS) not work. I can't try render out to separate drive because I don't have the enough space to store my Resolve outputs. Please help me! What should I do.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Dec 7, 2012 at 5:40:53 am

Buy another drive? Use a compressed format?

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Nyan Wint
on Dec 10, 2012 at 4:44:38 am

To Juan
Thanks for reply. For now, Buying another drive in not an option. Should I use compressed format for feature length movie? My boss wants it in fully uncompressed format. Our target is to go to film recording.
And, error still exists when render out to another drive in ProRes format. Now I contacted Black Magic and they asked me some log file and project file.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Nyan Wint
on Dec 10, 2012 at 10:38:23 am

Hi Juan,
I got help from Black Magic. The error is related to file name. In the "FCP7 round trip back" preset there's "use source file name" option is checked and file names are automatically given.The automatic file name specified by DaVinci include a colon ":" something like "V1-0005_R15 011_2:1.mov". That colon is the problem. I have to use "custom file name prefix/suffix" option to solve that problem. Hope other can solve with this solution.

Return to posts index

Sean Ryan
on Sep 12, 2013 at 1:29:15 am

Thank you so much for this, I was freaking out for a minute when my render time continued to sky-rocket. The editor manually changed the file names of the source files and included all sorts of stupid punctuation but when I used a custom filename prefix all was good.

Return to posts index

Nyan Wint
on Sep 12, 2013 at 8:43:44 am

You are welcome! and, happy to hear that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]