FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jake blackstone
Resolve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 3:28:37 am

The name of the thread kinda speaks for itself.
Anyone any ideas?
GT120 GUI, GTX 570 GPU
Resolve 9.0.3

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
Re: Resolve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 6:49:28 am

Oh yeah, it's Alexa Prores.

Return to posts index

Barrie Williams
Re: solve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 5:09:45 pm

Not just Alexa, it does the same on prores too.

I reported this when v9 was released. It's a screen redraw resource issue which was not in v8.

You can get full speed playback by using full screen mode, or switching from clip nodes to track nodes, or even on OSx swapping screens so resolve is running off screen.

I spoke with the dev guys, and reading between the lines I believe that the new graphics cards to replace the gt120 will cure this bottleneck.
Barrie

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: solve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.
on Dec 1, 2012 at 8:11:48 pm

Well, its like Quicktime player :)
Same problem...with that card..
Time for a proper 680 I say...

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Dec 1, 2012 at 9:40:29 pm

Please let us know if this issue is still there in 9.0.4. We have tuned some resources there.
Peter

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Dec 2, 2012 at 5:59:10 am

Thanks Peter for a quick reply. Right now I'm in the middle of a feature, but once it's done I'll give it a try.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
on Dec 2, 2012 at 7:22:35 am

Good call Jake.

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
on Dec 23, 2012 at 12:30:10 pm

it's still there with the 9.0.4 update:(

Mac pro 4,1
GT120
GTX285
Alexa 2K prores4444

Return to posts index

Laco Gaal
Re: Resolve drops playback speed in normal and enhanced viewing mode, but it plays perfectly while in Cinema mode.
on Jan 6, 2013 at 11:44:33 am

Jake,

were you able to solve this?

thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]