FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boxes (pic in pic)

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Davis
Boxes (pic in pic)
on Nov 30, 2012 at 5:19:08 pm

Hi,

I'm doing an FCP online and DaVinci grade on a doc. There are a lot of picture in picture effects
three or four layers of boxes (resizes) like 24. On import of the XML I leave using sizing information
off as I prefer it. I know it's still there as I can turn it back on in the colour room. When I now import
the XML into FCP linking to the grade the resize info for the boxes has gone (strange one did appear
on a forth layer). I did a quick test without rendering anything, just exported the XML out of Resolve
and imported it back into FCP and everything was there. So am I missing something on the render setup?
I've tried so many permutations of this now.

Any advice would be great.

Danny.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Boxes (pic in pic)
on Dec 3, 2012 at 4:42:07 am

I try to avoid doing scaling as much as possible in FCP, as it has a n awful scaler. So whenever I can I do my scaling in resolve or send out to a compositing app. When dealing with pip it's always easy enough to burn in the scaling and then use power windows to do separate grades. Also can use the resolve ptzr controls, plus an alpha out to do the final composite in resolve.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Boxes (pic in pic)
on Dec 3, 2012 at 10:30:56 am

I think its time for "Scale off" !

Lets take a very crispy sample image and do animated scaling in Smoke, Scratch, FCP, Avid , Resolve, (insert your tool here) and of course the almighty Terranex.
I really wanna see some results and end the discussion :)

A slice of color...

Resolve 9.0.4 OSX 10.8.2

Colorist / Aerial footage producer
http://vimeo.com/saschahaber

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]