FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid MC -> Resolve 9.0.4 : Timecode extents errors

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Bolton
Avid MC -> Resolve 9.0.4 : Timecode extents errors
on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:40:28 am

Hi, I'm just researching for an upcoming job on the best workflow for RED -> Media Composer -> Resolve.
I've been using this workflow as my starting point (as I'm not an avid person, I'm the online guy that will be doing the grade in resolve and finishing in smoke).

I have a test timeline in Media Composer with 8 clips all of which are 23.976 fps. I transcoded to offline codecs at same framerate after bringing in the R3D files using the AMA plugin. Then I exported an AAF file with "link to media" selected.

I then go to resolve and try and load the AAF with "link to camera files" ticked. The sequence loads but
3 of the clips get "timecode extents do not match" errors when I load the AAF in Resolve 9.0.4. I've checked and everything in avid is set to 23.976, the project, the transcode settings etc.

The current sequence was very simple with all clips the same framerate, for the actual job they'll be shooting at a variety of framerates on RED EPIC.

How do I fix this and what settings and process should I tell the Avid editor to avoid this happening with the actual edit?

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Avid MC -> Resolve 9.0.4 : Timecode extents errors
on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:14:02 pm

Good question.

I have a similar situation, but its coming from FCP, but with the same result.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:26:39 am

Hmm ok well I've posted something in Avid forum as well in case this is a problem with the way I did the transcoding.

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

Roger Bolton
on Nov 30, 2012 at 4:59:51 pm

Ok solved... in my case think it was some specific dodgy R3D clips that caused the problem. I was creating a test edit in avid using R3D files I downloaded off the net. 3 files always get "time code extents does not match", the rest of the files seem to work ok.

they're all 23.976 fps, but might be some issue with Red camera firmware etc...

-
CoreMelt V2 plugins

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]