FORUMS: list search recent posts

1 tracker, 1 clip, multiple scenes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Schroecker
1 tracker, 1 clip, multiple scenes
on Nov 28, 2012 at 3:27:39 pm

hi guys,

long time reader first time poster here!

I'm trying to color grade a dialog scene and need to make some adjustment to the face of a guy. this guy moves around quite a lot.

so I have his scene which is cut together with other scenes. I trace his face with the tracker and this works great. than i go to the next of his scenes and again traces his face. now the old settings in the first scene is deleted.

what I did until now is to great a seperate remote version for each scene. but then other nodes will (e.g. background color, contrast, etc) not change accordingly if need. So is there any way to make this beheaviour smarter?

TLDR: what i basically want to do: track a face from the same clip over differente scenes while still be able to make one change to an (other) seperate node of one scene and this changes gets rippled over???

thx for your help,
joe
ps.: sry for errors, not an native speaker.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
Re: 1 tracker, 1 clip, multiple scenes
on Nov 28, 2012 at 7:59:40 pm

One thing you can do is put a static keyframe at the beginning of each shot, just on the node you're tracking. That way, when you reposition the window at the start of the track, it won't affect the other shots.

The other thing you can do is build the grade aside from the track, then batch unlink (or copy grades to local as it's now called) and each shot will then not be linked to the others, you can track them independently.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]